Health (8) Housing / Transportation (6) Low Income / Financial Support (3) Substance Use / Addictions (2) Mental Health / Counselling (5) First Nations (3) Seniors (2) Child, Youth & Family (7) Community Services (1) Abuse / Neglect (3) Education / Employment / Development (2) Gov't / Legal / Complaints / Advocacy (8)  
Questions or comments?
Send us feedback

Aboriginal Legal Aid

Do you have a legal problem? We have services for Aboriginal people.
We're committed to increasing awareness of Aboriginal legal rights and supporting the strengths of Aboriginal cultures and communities.more info

Address / Contact Info
Legal Services Society
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-866-577-2525
Web Links Website Email

Adult Day Program

The Haida Gwaii Adult Day Program assists seniors and adults with disabilities to continue to live in their own homes by providing supportive group programs and health services. more info

Address / Contact Info
Northern Health
510 Naanii Road
, Old Masset, BC, V0T 1M0
Phone: (250) 626-5671

Alcoholics Anonymous

AA is a fellowship of people who share their experience and strength, that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.more info

Address / Contact Info
BC, V0J 2N3
Toll-free: 1-877-644-2266
Web Links Website Website

Assisted Living Registrar - Complaint Investigation

Investigates complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents and about residences that provide assisted living without registration. more info

Address / Contact Info
Ministry of Health, Office of the Assisted Living Registrar
Victoria, BC, V8W 9P1
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-866-714-3378
Phone: (250) 952-1369
Fax: (250) 952-1119
Web Links Website Email

Assisted Living Registrar Masset

The mandate of the assisted living registrar under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act is to protect the health and safety of assisted living residents. The registrar administers the assisted living provisions of the Act, which require assisted living operators to register their residences and meet provincial health and safety standards.more info

Address / Contact Info
Northern Health Authority, Nick Grosse Assisted Living Residence
2524 Harrison Road
, Masset, BC, V0T 1M0
Phone: (250) 626-4735

Baby's Best Chance Handbook

Provides easy to understand, practical, evidence-based information about having a healthy pregnancy and caring for an infant. more info

Address / Contact Info
Northern Health
Web Links Website

BC Early Hearing Program

We test newborn babies' hearing. Recognizing hearing loss early helps to reduce problems and the concerns that most care-givers share.more info

Address / Contact Info
Audiology, Prince Rupert Regional Hospital
1305 Summit Avenue
, Prince Rupert, V8J 2A6
Phone: (250) 622-6257
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-866-612-2347
Web Links Website

Canadian Pension Plan/Old Age Security

Information on the CPP, Old Age Security pension and related benefits; the Canadian retirement income calculator; and retirement planning.more info

Address / Contact Info
Government of Canada
1263 West Broadway
, Vancouver, BC, V6H
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-800-277-9914
Web Links Website

Child & Family Services Office

The provincial government offers a variety of child, teen, and family services, including child protection, counselling to youth under 19, and others. more info

Address / Contact Info
Ministry of Child and Family Development
214 3rd Ave.
, Queen Charlotte, BC, V0T 1S0
Phone: (250) 559-4403
Fax: (250) 559-8690
Web Links Website

Child Protection Services

Call toll-free in BC, 24/7, if you think a child is being abused or neglected. more info

Address / Contact Info
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Helpline for Children: 310-1234
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-800-663-9122
Web Links Website