Health (149) Housing / Transportation (41) Low Income / Financial Support (28) Substance Use / Addictions (25) Mental Health / Counselling (44) First Nations (71) Seniors (21) Child, Youth & Family (95) Community Services (24) Abuse / Neglect (13) Education / Employment / Development (30) Gov't / Legal / Complaints / Advocacy (40)  
Questions or comments?
Send us feedback

Gov't / Legal / Complaints / Advocacy

Aboriginal Justice Program

Enables aboriginal people to have increased involvement in the local administration of justice and, where appropriate, provides alternatives to mainstream justice processes.more info

Address / Contact Info
Prince Rupert Aboriginal Community Services Society
265-309 2nd Avenue West
, Prince Rupert, BC, V8J 3T1
Phone: (250) 622-2891
Fax: (250) 622-2893
Web Links Website Email

Aboriginal Legal Aid

Do you have a legal problem? We have services for Aboriginal people. We're committed to increasing awareness of Aboriginal legal rights and supporting the strengths of Aboriginal cultures and communities.more info

Address / Contact Info
Legal Services Society
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-866-577-2525
Web Links Website Email

Adult Protection Services

Provides a way to report a concern about vulnerable adults who may be experiencing abuse, neglect, or self-neglect.more info

Address / Contact Info
Northern Health
Toll-Free: 1-844-465-7414
Fax: (250) 565-2640
Web Links Website Email

Assisted Living Registrar - Complaint Investigation

Investigates complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents and about residences that provide assisted living without registration. more info

Address / Contact Info
Ministry of Health, Office of the Assisted Living Registrar
Victoria, BC, V8W 9P1
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-866-714-3378
Phone: (250) 952-1369
Fax: (250) 953-0496
Web Links Website Email

Block Watch

We help communities to build safer neighbourhoods by providing support, guidance, training and resource materials to develop and operate Block Watch programs.more info

Address / Contact Info
891 Mt Bulman Ave
, Vernon, BC, V1B 2Z4
Phone: (604) 418-3827
Toll-free: 1-877-602-3358
Fax: (604) 501-2509
Web Links Website Email

Canadian Pension Plan/Old Age Security

Information on the CPP, Old Age Security pension and related benefits; the Canadian retirement income calculator; and retirement planning.more info

Address / Contact Info
Government of Canada
1263 West Broadway
, Vancouver, BC, V6H
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-800-277-9914
Web Links Website

Community Policing Smithers

Community Police Offices are staffed by trained and security-cleared city employees and volunteers. They may not have uniformed police members on site.more info

Address / Contact Info
3774B First Ave.
, Smithers, BC, V0J 2N0
Phone: (250) 847-6197
Fax: (250) 847-6153

Community-Based Victim Services

Provides emotional support; assistance in preparing safety plans and court documents; and assistance with the criminal process to survivors of violent crimes. more info

Address / Contact Info
North Coast Community Services
710 Fraser St.
, Prince Rupert, BC, V8J 1P9
Phone: (250) 627-7166
Fax: (250) 627-7482
Web Links Website

Community-Based Victim Services

Community-based support for victims of domestic assault, sexual assault or criminal harassment. For men or women, any age.more info

Address / Contact Info
Northern Society for Domestic Peace
Hazelton, BC
Phone: (778) 210-0283
Web Links Website

Crime Victim Assistance Program

Assists victims, immediate family members and some witnesses in coping with the effects of violent crime. more info

Address / Contact Info
Government of BC
Vancouver, BC
Provincewide Toll-Free: 1-866-660-3888
Web Links Website Email